Sontin To Hol’ Body || by Joy Chime

This is beautiful.

2. 'Seun says:

Hi Joy! Nice one.

3. Ebi says:

Nice one, Temi. I needed this, really

4. EMOREDO Hope says:

Hmm, u needed to see how I was reading this please am.waiting for the continuation so touching how God relates with us like we are mates he is the best person av ever meant thanks for sharing.

5. Our stories (Dozie’s and mine) are very similar, although in my case, I THINK I heard God call out to me, but I can’t be sure since I’ve forgotten what he sounds like. I’m still mad at Him for tons of reasons, but I’m willing to give our relationship another try — if he’s willing.
    I’m still not sure about church, though; I doubt if I’ll ever be sef. Right now, the last thing on my mind is religion.
    What I want to focus on is reestablishing my relationship with God (if he’s open to it). It might sound ironic but everytime I go to church, my faith dies a bit. Maybe it’s because of the kind of churches that surround me shaa… I don’t know.
    But whatever. I truly hope I experience what Dozie experienced sometime soon. I’m tired of hating God. That thing can suck energy ehn.

Obinna, I don’t know what happened between you and God, but I understand you’re upset with him. I want you to know he’s not shy of or uninterested in the relationship you once shared. God is willing. My prayer is that you’ll see, through all the confusions and hurts, that he’s concerned. I pray for an encounter beyond Dozie’s that’d awaken the intimacy you once shared. In Jesus name. Amen.

6. Pere Amamy says:

This is sweeter than shawarma.
    Laughs.
    Thanks Temi.

@Obinna

Dear friend, I hope you are doing great?

Okay, Pause, take a deep breath…
    Now read on.

“God is not in a building called church, but He lives in a people called the church.” You will find Him in those ones who truly love Him. Some of them are around you.

Mr. Obinna, from your comment, I know that you believe that God exists and that He is the Creator of us all. I don’t know what might have happened between you and Him, but, remember these,

~But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. (Matt.10:30). They have never ceased growing, You were not the one that planted them on your head.

~The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I HAVE LOVED THEE WITH AN EVERLASTING LOVE: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. (Jer.31:3). Know that the heart of Father God has been and will ever be panting after you.

Finally, the question is not about, ‘why do bad things happen to good people?’

But, it is ‘why on earth do good things still happen to we humans that betrayed Father God from the garden, and yet His arms are still wide open, saying TAKE A LITTLE STEP CLOSER?’

7. Ife says:

I had goosebumps while reading this!
    Thank you Joy.

8. Happiness says:

Thanks Joy… This reminded me of when I was angry and how we settled…

😘

9. Maurice Onos says:

Worth the while. Beautiful piece

10. Jessica says:

Lovely one as always, my Joy girl